Pasta is my go-to for almost every meal – there is something intensely therapeutic in watching carbs swirl into a delicious sauce, that oozes comfort and reassurance that all is right in the world. This time round, the traditional sauce is replaced with fresh, bright and zingy with zucchini and whole lemons into the sauce.
This is very much summer (or spring) on a plate – lovely zucchini slices and zesty lemon are grilled with garlic along with peppery rosemary for a lovely delicate balance on the palate. Toss this with cooked pasta and drizzle extra virgin olive oil and lots and lots of parmesan cheese on top!
Note: caution with the amount of time you cook the lemon – a tad minute more, and it may become bitter. If this does happen, mask the bitterness with a drizzle of melted butter, pinch of sugar, olive oil and seasonings.
Pasta Cooking 101: read here
Serves Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 ½ cups fusilli pasta, cooked
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup zucchini slices
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp green olives, pitted
- parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add all the tomatoes with the salt, red chilli flakes, pink peppercorns and half the amount of basil.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for at least 20 minutes.
- Add the wine and remaining basil and sugar and stir to cook.
- Cook for another 5-8 minutes before adding the pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.