This cake is one helluva good lookin’ cake. This is the cake will have you smiling like a proud parent when you remove from the oven.
And this is a BIG cake. A very big cake. But this just means there is a lot more to go around!
However, there was one obstacle – waiting for it to bake – it took me 1 hour and 10 minutes – a baking time that I do not quite like. And what’s even harder – waiting for it to cool. But that’s the thing about cake with fruits – they take a hell of a long time to bake – but the result is almost always moist, delicious and comforting.
About the recipe:
The recipe originally asked for cake flour – if you have that go right ahead. If you don’t, fret not, we can make it in seconds – simply add the cornstarch into the measuring cups first and then fill up with flour.
- I used a regular had whisk and got an extremely good arm workout. However, feel free to use the electric whisk to speed things up and to be kinder to your muscles.
- I used a smaller cake tin – hence, the longer baking time. I would recommend using a 12-inch cake tin.
- The baking time is almost an hour. However you may notice the tops of the cake browning faster than the insides cooks – if this happens, simple place a foil loosely over the cake at half time and continue baking. Additionally, you can move the cake tin to the lower tray at half time.
- When you’re ready to remove the cake, make sure the knife inserted comes out clean.
- Also, ensure all ingredients are at room temperature, including the milk.
- Use a springform tin pan (with removable sides).
To see the short video: YOUTUBE