Mango season is quite the rave here in Gujarat – just about every restaurant and café serves up a special menu for diners during this time. Mango is incorporated into even the unassuming dishes for a beautiful hued twist.
The Mango Pina Colada makes for a wonderful Hawaiian start to the day; the shredded coconut flakes and coconut go incredibly well together and manages to hide the bitterness of the flax seeds (thankfully!)
And as I always say – add a few chocolate chips if you need that extra bit of encouragement to finish your bowl!
Serves Serves: 1 | Prep time: 15 minutes
- 6 tablespoons of Quaker unrefined oats
- ¼ cup diced mango
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar OR honey
- 1 tbsp of sliced pistachios
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp flax seeds OR pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup milk
- Add all the ingredients together and mix.
- Let it soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning:
- Mix ingredients together with a spoon before eating