This recipe is inspired from a sleepless night spent scrolling through Pinterest when a stuffed pancake picture crept it’s way in between all those inspirational quotes that usually only make sense at 3 A.M. and are quickly forgotten at dawn! Work chaos has been ruling this week, and comfort food has sneaked its way in these days!
Although most save a more elaborate breakfast for the weekends, I believe a scrumptious breakfast should be enjoyed on a daily basis. It should be indulgent, pleasing and oh-so-very comforting. Frankly, it’s the weekdays that really require the extra boost and loving in the A.M., n’est ce pas?
This recipe is perfect and convenient to wake up to – freeze the Nutella discs and whip up the batter the night before, and all you have to do is wake up to make these sizzling pancakes. I’m sure no one will complain for this!
Serves Yields: 10 mini pancakes | Prep Time: 60 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
- 10 tbsp Nutella
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp water at room temperature
- Butter for the pan
- To Serve:
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh fruits
- Drop 1 tbsp of Nutella and spread into a disc like shape on parchment paper.
- Place the sheet in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar) and mix together.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add a few drops of more milk if the batter is too thick for your liking.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan on high heat.
- Brush some butter with a silicon brush.
- Pour a few spoons of the batter to create a filled circle.
- Place a Nutella disc in the center and drop a few small spoons of the batter on top to cover.
- Flip the pancake to the other side after 2-3 minutes, when bubbles start to appear.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favoured condiments.