An essential for any mezze platter, tzatziki is incredibly simple to make, abundant in flavour and works wonderfully as a condiment in sandwiches, burgers, tikkis… The longer you let this dip rest, the stronger the flavour will be – so be sure to adjust the garlic accordingly. Serve this dip with pita bread or crudités. It goes very well with falafels as well.
About the Recipe:
You can use hung curd, or a thick yogurt like Amul Masti.
Remember to squeeze out the water from the grated cucumbers.
If making this dip in the morning to serve at night, halve the amount of garlic.
Yields: 1 medium bowl | Prep Time: 30 mins
Grate the cucumber and place in a sieve.
Gently press down a spoon to squeeze out all the water.
Mix the cucumber, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the yogurt.
Drizzle some olive oil in top.
- 1 ½ cup hung curd or thick yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried or 1 tbsp fresh dill
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Grate the cucumber and place in a sieve.
- Gently press down a spoon to squeeze out all the water.
- Mix the cucumber, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the yogurt.
- Drizzle some olive oil in top.
- Serve chilled.