I don’t believe in diets or any sort of particular way of eating – I believe in eating everything (in moderation) and being happy with what’s on your plate. Now, I have an appetite for just about everything – which means that I can overeat a plate of fruits, oatmeal, cake and French fries alike! So the method that I enjoy the most and turns out to be the most reasonable – one plate servings. This is as close to the French way of eating – have everything on your plate which includes bread, butter, creamy sauces, fried foods, and lots of wine. And if you’re scorning, please remember how good they look!
So this is an attempt for a good, wholesome meal in one plate with the right balance of protein, fibre and carbs. The cottage cheese steak is marinated in yogurt and then coated with delicious AL Chipino NY Deli Cheese nacho crumb and grilled to perfection on a non-stick pan. And served with a side of roasted carrots and beans.
Photo Credits: The Kitchen Trail
- 100g cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup AL Chipino NY Deli Cheese tortilla chips, crushed
- roasted carrots and beans
- Stir the yogurt, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and herbs.
- Place the cottage cheese slices in the marinade and set aside for at least 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place a non-stick pan on high heat.
- Dip each cottage cheese slice into the crushed nachos and coat generously on all sides and place on the hot pan.
- Allow the cottage cheese to cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Place on serving plate with side of roasted carrots and beans.