Every time I crave Mexican my mind wanders towards fast food chains! Now not all of us have the advantage of being within walking distance to one of these places, but we are all pretty close to our own kitchens! I have recreated the crunch wrap – a flattened burrito with a layer of crispy nachos in the centre – which oozes comfort with each bite you take!
Your kids will love you, and well, hell with that, your own taste buds will thank you!
Photo Credits: The Kitchen Trail
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- handful of spring onions, diced
- handful of AL Chipino Salsa Picante tortilla chips
- hot sauce
- Sour cream
- Tomato Salsa
- Pomegranate Salsa
- Spread beans, hot sauce and lettuce in the centre of one tortilla.
- Layer with AL Chipino tortilla chips.
- Top with jalapenos, spring onions and cheese.
- Cut out another tortilla in a circle to cover just the toppings in the centre. Place it on top and fasten by folding the first tortilla edges like in the picture.
- Place a non-stick pan on high heat and brush with oil.
- Place the wrap to grill on both sides for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, tomato and pomegranate salsa.