A large big bowl of salad for lunch can be misleading to those who enjoy eating. I was never one for the greens, and my mother will tell you, I am still not, but if dressed up and made all fancy, a salad bowl does me good for lunch on most days. This Asian sesame salad is one such bowl.
The dressing although simple, is bursting with flavour, thanks to SPRIG’s Artisanal Toasted Sesame Oil. And the nourishing greens and mix of raw and grilled vegetables add layers of depth to the salad. Toasted sesame seeds and peanuts add the crunch factor. If you would like to add a boost of protein, go ahead and add a hard boiled egg or some crumbled paneer.
Note: The dressing can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days
- 1/2 cup Shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup baby corn, halved and sliced lenthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/4 cup chopped red and green peppers
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup orange slices
- 3 tsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Toasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tsp SPRIG Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 tsp Light soya sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Orange zest
- Place a non-stick pan on high heat. Throw in the baby corn and broccoli florets to roast with a pinch of sugar, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes. The vegetables should be slightly blistered. Remove from heat to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir the dressing ingredients together. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Assemble the remaining salad fillers together in a serving bowl with the broccoli and baby corn. Pour the dressing over and sprinkle the sesame seeds and peanuts on top.