During my college years I ate out at PF Changs quite often and their famous lettuce wraps with mushrooms and fried things on top was one of the dishes that felt reasonably healthier.
So this is my recreation with a few twists – a sweet and sour sauce cooked with mushrooms and sprouts and topped with crushed peanuts and AL Chipino Bollywood Sweet + Sour tortilla chips. The filling is placed into a purple cabbage bowl and you can just neatly wrap it up in your fingers like a makeshift spring roll and dip it into the sauce and enjoy.
There is freshness from the raw cabbage, crunch from the tortilla chips and softness from the lovely mushrooms. A true delight!
Buy AL Chipino : Here
Photo Credits : The Kitchen Trail
- 6 purple cabbage, whole leaves
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ cup sprouts
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup spring onions
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- handful of toasted peanuts
- handful of AL Chipino Bollywood Sweet + Sour, crushed slightly
- Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup soya sauce
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp grated garlic
- Dipping Sauce:
- Stir all the ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and add the garlic and ginger pastes.
- Then add the carrots, onions and mushrooms and stir fry for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the sprouts, followed by the chilli sauce, soya sauce, honey and salt.
- Cook for around 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss in the peanuts.
- Place a good amount of the filing into each red cabbage leaf. Sprinkle the tortilla chips on top.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.