The outdoors has become more precious now, more than ever. When you’re asked to stay indoors, stay home, work from home, not go out for anything other than essentials, the human mind automatically rebels.
And so, like other humans, I spend all my time in the garden. Granted, I never spent enough time at home before, spending perhaps 90% of a day at the office or other work site and so never really truly appreciated my home.
While most have been hating the #WFH home routine, I am revelling in that. I cannot put it in any other way than: I love my home, I love being at home and I don’t want to leave my home.
So, we are eating meals in the garden and using the BBQ grill at least once a week – and one of the best items are baby potatoes – marinated in mustard oil which lends the delicious aroma and flavour.
- 20 baby potatoes, par boiled with skin
- 1/8 cup mustard oil
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 fresh red chilies
- Mix all the marinade items together in a large bowl that has a lid
- Toss the par boiled potatoes into the bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or longer, until ready to grill
- Before cooking, bring the potato bowl out to room temperature
- skewer them into a long stick
- grill on a hot grill / coal grill for 5 minutes or so, turning over often