This is a soup for the soul. It’s warm, soothing, mild but delicious. The medley of flavours is almost indescribable. There is warmth from the umami-like taste and the lack of spice makes this ideal for sick days.
Vitalising RedCha, a new product from SPRIG, is a green tea powdered with hibiscus infusions, creating a breathtaking bright red pigment in your cup! This tea is a true beauty. RedCha is a vitalizing tea with a big dose of Vitamin C, which is perfect to help you fight the flu and the common cold. The ruby red hibiscus flower has been used for centuries in traditional medicines with its’ antioxidants having positive effects on cardiac health, hair growth and overall wellbeing and vitality.
This soup broth is from the very tea, infused with ginger, garlic, onions, black pepper and mushrooms. At the end of the simmer fresh spinach is added in along with a good sprinkling of SPRIG Sichuan Pepper and Sea Salt. Before serving, drizzle a few drops of the aromaticSPRIG Toasted Sesame Oil. This toasted sesame oil is really what brings the soup together and you may even get non-soup lovers to ask for another bowl!
- 1 tsp SPRIG Vitalising RedCha
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 3-4 Black peppercorns
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 5-6 Mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup Spinach, chopped
- SPRIG Sichuan Pepper & Sea Salt
- 2-3 drops SPRIG Toasted Sesame Oil
- Combine the water, SPRIG RedCha tea powder, garlic, ginger, peppercorns, onions and mushrooms together.
- Place on the stovetop at medium heat and allow the soup to gently simmer for at least 20-25 minutes. Do not bring to a boil.
- After the first 20 minutes, add in the spinach and a good sprinkling of SPRIG Sichuan Pepper and Sea Salt and let the spinach gently cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and serve with a drizzle of SPRIG Toasted Sesame Oil on top.