Nachos was never a thing for me in my childhood – and I fail to come up with any legit reason, apart from stare daggers at my mother for depriving me of such divine creations! But when I grew up and ventured alone to college, my friends made me discover my love for Mexican food because all I knew of was the healthy grilled faijtas. Cheesy quesadillas made a space for itself in my heart and the best morning after food I discovered was a well loaded plate of nachos. So taking this inspiration I create for you a fancier version that can pass off somewhat elegantly – Nacho Pot Pie!
A pot pie using tortilla chips as layering is perhaps another kind of genius. Additionally, the layers are stuffed with Mexican fillings of refried beans, corn, salsa, cheese, lettuce and jalapenos. And last, but not least, a delicious avocado.
Buy AL Chipino: AL Chipino
Photo Credits: The Kitchen Trail
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips on the base of your oven-safe bake dish.
- Layer with beans, corn, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
- Follow with another layer of tortilla chips and repeat the above at least 3 times.
- You can place this in a preheated oven of 200C for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh avocado slices on top.