Roasted Indian vegetables are a delight to every sense in your body. Your home will be filled with this amazing aroma of good masalas, ensuring your body + soul is well-loved. I use the SpiceQure Immunity Booster powder as the main seasoning with ghee and roast the vegetables. As this is a dry veggie dish, you may prefer to pair this with curd rice or a plain moong dal khichdi. But roti and plain dahi go along just as well!
The taste of this is strong of cinnamon and the saffron comes through just ever so slightly. The cumin, coriander, ajmo… just a sheer delight on the palate.
Best served with curd rice or plain khichdi!
Serves Serves: 2 | Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 potatoes, quartered
- ½ cabbage, quartered
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp SpiceQure Immunity Booster
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- In a small bowl whisk the ghee, oil, ginger, and spices and salt together
- Grease with oil a large baking tray
- Toss the vegetables in the marinade properly
- Spread the vegetables out onto the tray, giving each piece room around it to crisp up
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, checking in halfway to turn the vegetables around
- Gas option: place a large pan on high heat, then add the seasoned vegetables and toss and cover for the first 10-15 minutes, and then cook uncovered for another 15 minutes to crisp up
- Best served with curd rice or plain khichdi