Perhaps the easiest, and quickest way to a healthy version of a taco or burrito is a skinny version of the taco bowl. It’s incredibly simple and requires minimum effort – a.k.a. the best kinds of meals!
Instead of the fried taco, or nacho corn chips, I substitute with whole-wheat baked lavash sticks that you can get from your local bakery. The thing about this salad or “bowl” is the freshness and the various textures that you will experience as you eat. It’s almost too good to count as healthy.
The dressing is what’s coolest about this bowl. I use SPRIG Mango Pepper Sauce, which really does the entire job of sprucing up any salad.
- 1/2 cup Lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kidney beans, boiled
- 1/4 cup Corn, boiled
- 1/4 cup Spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Red and green peppers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cheese, shredded
- 4-5 slices Jalapenos
- 2 tbsp Mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia)
- 1 tbsp SPRIG Mango + Pepper Sauce
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Dried herbs (oregano, thyme, basil)
- 1 scoop Thick strained yogurt
- 1/2 tsp SPRIG Sweet Paprika
- Whole wheat lavash sticks
- Stir the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Assemble all the salad ingredients together and toss with the dressing. Add a scoop of the strained yogurt, sprinkle some paprika over it and serve with whole-wheat lavash.