Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch. ~ Orson Wells
Have any of you seen the movie “War Dogs”? Go see it now! Laced with humour, and a severe pinch of reality, this movie will make you doubt all governments, every President of the United States, and make you fall in love with Bradley Cooper a tad bit more. Okay, that last bit is just my own bias towards the handsome actor!
Do we really live in such horrible world, where going to war is encouraged so a selected few can make a some major bucks? Throughout history, individuals, states or political factions have raised war for gains… but in the process, ‘the spoils of war’ have taken a larger precedence to the real issue, and sadly, the ones to suffer the most are often used as the reason to war. In the end, “war is an economy” in itself.
Okay, back to food… these buns have a standing of their own. Inspired by a Pinterest post, that was oozing with melted cheeses, I tried my own version. Dialling down the cheese content to a mixture of Parmesan and paprika, and stuffed with the luscious green spring onions, and soaked in butter… they melt in your mouth…
These are perfect to serve as appetizers, hors d’oeuvres, or as side bread to an Italian feast.
Serves Yields: 12 mini buns | Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
- 12 mini buns
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese powder
- ¾ cup chopped spring onions
- Make a cross incision on the tops of the buns, but not going all the through.
- Mix in the paprika, pepper and Parmesan cheese into the butter.
- Soak around a teaspoon of the butter mixture into the cross incisions of each of the buns.
- Stuff the spring onions into the buns.
- Place the buns on a baking tray, and cover the buns with a foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.