LAB X KITCHEN THERAPY X THE KITCHEN TRAIL
Finger sandwiches are an essential part of the Afternoon Tea or High Tea. It lends the wholesomeness to the in-between meal. For this menu, we aimed to cross promote the existing items that LAB makes in-house with the sole goal to make you try the various breads and understand how they can be paired with stellar ingredients.
This menu consisted of two: Apple + Brie and the Edamame Hummus + Purple Cabbage
Apple + Brie:
This sandwich was a super hit on the menu and converted even the staunchest traditionalist towards fusion. The soft Pumpkin Bread, which is an in-house specialty at LAB, pairs perfectly against spicy onion and thyme, along with sweet apple and savoury brie cheese.
Note: in place of brie, can use any other strong flavoured cheese, like red Leicester, smoked cheese, or gouda
Edamame Hummus + Purple Cabbage:
This is a beautiful play on colour and texture, where we have Ragi Bread which is indulgently healthy and coarse, paired with creamy Edamame Hummus and the best part – caramelised crispy purple cabbage. Purple cabbage is shredded into fine strip and grilled on high heat with a pat of salted butter and nothing else – it is simply delicious.
Note: Edamame Hummus and Ragi Bread are both individually on sale at LAB
Photography + Styling: The Kitchen Trail
- 2 pumpkin bread slice
- 1/2 tbsp honey mustard
- 4 thin slices of apple
- 2 brie slices
- 1 round slice of onion
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- 2 ragi bread slices
- 2 tbsp edamame hummus
- 10g purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 tsp butter
- pinch of salt
- Spread the honey mustard evenly and equally on both slices.
- On one slice, place the brie first, followed by thyme leaves, press down the onion slices.
- Press the apple slices on top.
- On the other slice, press down the lettuce.
- Fasten the sandwich.
- Cut lengthwise into half – creating two rectangular pieces.
- ook the purple cabbage in butter and some salt until caramelised on its own
- Spread 2 tbsp of edamame hummus on both slices
- Add the purple cabbage
- Fasten the sandwich
- Slice lengthwise to create two rectangles