This is my ‘cool’ recipe. If you know me, you would know I am anything but cool, but this makes me feel quite young and in the zone. And I’ll tell you how uncool I can be – I tried to be fashionable with a pair of fancy sneakers that have short laces. Apparently you’re not supposed to tie them. I even put on a pair of jeans for this, and within a few steps I actually bent down to tie them up. I’m all about innovation but trainer with laces hanging untied – not so much. Kids, I tell you!
Anyways, this recipe is for the kids, particularly the cool kids that don’t tie their sneakers! It is perfect for travels and is an innovative wrap to place in the tiffin box. You could hold off on the spice level, and most of the ingredients are substitutable. For example, the Greek yoghurt is better used when consumed at home, but if it’s for travels opt for cream cheese. Salsa can be replaced with pico de galle, jalapenos can be added, so can paneer shreds, lettuce, spinach, mushrooms…. You get the gist!
The cool part is the roll up and serving it in a platter! The sauce is juicy enough within the roll that a side dip isn’t necessary.
- 2 tortillas
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup greek yoghurt or cream cheese
- 1/4 - 1/2cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle seasoning
- 1/4 cup boiled corn
- 1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Mix the Greek yoghurt with all the seasonings, cheese, corn, spring onions and salsa.
- Spread the mixture on each tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla and wrap with a cling film and twist the edges.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove from the wrap and slice with a sharp knife into maki-roll sized rolls.