Tiffin recipes are super fun, but can be daunting, trying to conjure up new ideas every day. This recipe is a wholesome, nutritious banana bread, using coconut oil and honey, speckled with cinnamon. The peanut butter is protein rich which provides the right kind of energy for your kids.
This loaf will stay well for upto 3 days in an airtight container.
Check out the video below:
- 1 1⁄4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approx. 3 large bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Coconut Oil, softened (not liquid – place in refrigerator)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1⁄2 cup Peanut Butter, creamy and unsweetened
- 1⁄2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Honey
- 1⁄2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1⁄2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a loaf tin or medium round tin.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk coconut oil with sugar and honey until light and fluffy.
- Then add the egg and vanilla and whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients and just combine Fold in the bananas Pour into the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- For Frosting
- Beat the all the ingredients together to whip into a smooth frosting Spread over the loaf after it has completely cooled