I always like to end on a sweet note and this is the most delicious sweet note ever with my collaboration with AL Chipino! And let me say, this was an utter delight to make – dark chocolate, caramel squares, a hint of cinnamon and crunchy sea salt and pepper tortilla chips on top.
And I love that it looks so fancy, yet is made so easily – all it requires is two double boilers, a baking tray and sheet and a little bit of time and patience.
I use ready caramel squares that I had lying in my drawer from my last candy run, and swirled it in with dark chocolate and some cinnamon and for the extra bit of crunch – AL Chipino Sea Salt and Pepper tortilla chips.
Serve this with ice cream, eat it on its on, add it to your dessert – whatever it is, it will not last long on the table.
Buy AL Chipino: here
Photo Credits: The Kitchen Trail
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Break the tortilla chips into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a double boiler to melt.
- Place the caramel squares and butter in a double boiler. Stir frequently. Remove once melted and immediately stir in the cinnamon and combine.
- First pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread out with an offset spatula gently, into your desired thickness level.
- Drop the caramel on top of the chocolate at various places and swirl with a toothpick.
- Immediately press the tortilla chips on top.
- Place the tray in the fridge to set for at least two hours.
- Remove from the fridge when ready to serve. Break into pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream.