Raspberries, dark chocolate and sea salt… have you understood what is heaven yet? 🙂
This recipe has been playing in my mind for a few months – and I finally came around to perfecting the recipe. Chunks of delicious raspberries, swirled into dark chocolate brownie batter and then a generous sprinkling of sea salt, baked within 30 minutes… it’s what dreams are made of.
To make things different and sort of innovative, I attempted a slight bit recipe ‘choreography’, as I call it – to dance the recipe to a delightful song. When I’m cooking I always have music on, and sometimes it inspires me in many ways – ways that cannot always be successfully put down in words. At times like this, only music can come to rescue.
My darling cousin, Amar, has helped me execute a vision that was almost indescribable in my head (Good Lord does he patience!), and we spent a fabulous afternoon, dancing-singing and baking to this bad-ass tune!
Special thanks to Amar and Quantum Media for helping put this fun video together!
Check it out on YouTube & subscribe to the Kitchen Therapy Channel!
Video Credits: Quantum Media
Song: Be Mine by Ofenbach
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups castor sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup espresso
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- for sprinkling sea salt
- Heat the oven to 200C. Grease and line a medium 8" brownie pan.
- Whisk the melted butter and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and espresso and whisk for another 5 minutes.
- With a wooden spoon, fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin. Add the raspberries on top and swirl around.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before removing and slicing.