Chickoo, dates and almonds make for an ideal combination of protein, energy and sugars. I use pumpkin seeds in this, mostly for its striking green contrast against the browns! I haven’t put in chocolate chips here, but I would recommend adding them for a richer taste. I try to eat this concoction the most often, simply because of the wonderful goodness that exists in the dates – it’s great for your blood, anaemia and provides you great energy to start the day with.
This particular flavour has been found to be most favoured amongst the older generation – maybe now you can convince your grandparent to start his/her day with oats.
- 6 tablespoons of Quaker unrefined oats
- ¼ cup diced chickoo
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar OR honey
- 1 tbsp of chopped almonds
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup milk
- Add all the ingredients together and mix.
- Let it soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning:
- Mix ingredients together with a spoon before eating