[ HEALTHY, SIMPLE, QUICK ]
Summer, heatwave, scorching temperatures… and lunch – somehow don’t fit well together. Nearly everyone (notice the nearly… my family has to be excluded from this conversation) has issues with hunger in this season – with many subsisting on cold shakes, fruits and yoghurt to beat the heat. But we’ve come up with a special summer salad series that are filled with nutrition, delicious, easy to make and of course, are pretty darn cool to make summer lunches an inviting thing.
This is an Asian Ginger Tofu Salad – a complete bowl with fibre, protein, good carbs and yumminess. Make ahead, and simply assemble at the last minute!
- For The Dressing
- - 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- - 4 tbsp Roasted Sesame Oil
- - 2 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- - 1 tbsp Honey
- - 2 tsp sliced Ginger
- - 2 tsp sliced Garlic
- - 4 tbsp chopped Spring Onions
- - Toasted Sesame Seeds
- - Salt
- For The Salad
- - Shredded Lettuce
- - Tofu cubes
- - Onion slices
- - Tomato slices
- - Carrot slices
- - Cucumber slices
- 1. For the marinating and dressing purpose, take a big bowl and add soya sauce, rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sliced ginger-garlic, chopped spring onion whites, honey, salt, toasted sesame seeds and stir it all together.
- 2. Add small cubes of tofu in the marination bowl. Stir it and let the tofu get marinated.
- 3. Take a griller, wait till it's, then place the cubes of tofu and let it get grilled from both the sides for a minute and half.
- 4. For the salad, take shredded lettuce, sliced cucumbers, carrots, tomato, onions, spring onion greens, toasted sesame seeds and the salad dressing made.
- 5. Finally add the grilled tofu pieces in the salad.
- 6. Garnish from the top on the salad some of the spring onion greens.