This is a version of the Cucumber Thai Salad, with a better picture, and some more garnishing. It works wonders during this lockdown period and can be turned into a whole meal by adding some hard-boiled eggs, grilled haloumi or paneer, or fried pieces of tofu.
Serves Serves: 1 | Prep Time: 20 mins
- 1 cucumber
- a few basil leaves, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted peanuts
- ½ cup cashews, toasted
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of castor sugar
- 2 tsp red chilli flakes
- Feta cheese
- Hard boiled egg
- Caramelised Cashews:
- Place the sugar in a medium pot and turn on the heat on medium.
- Swirl the pot a few times until it melts.
- Add the cashews and carefully coat.
- Remove from heat and pour onto a baking sheet to cool.
- Place in the fridge to harden.
- Stir all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Use a mandolin slicer to slice thin strips of cucumber.
- Place on the serving dish along with basil leaves.
- Stir the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the cucumber slices and leave for at least 10 minutes to soak in.
- Before serving, add the peanuts and cashews.