Sometimes a salad needs a bit of a kick! And I choose local coriander leaves and the big green jalapeno chilies (in Gujarati, we call them mota marcha). These aren’t too spicy, but have a bit of a bite that rounds off pretty well against lemon juice and coriander. I grill the chilies first, and then they are pulsed down to a coarse mixture with coriander leaves and other ingredients. This can be thinned down further with olive oil for a salad dressing and kept as is to use as a condiment on a bread or cheese platter!
Spread this on grilled corn, stuff into quesadillas and wraps… you get it, GET CREATIVE!
Serves Serves: ½ cup | Prep Time: 25 mins
- 2 big jalapenos
- ½ cup coriander leaves and stalks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Place the jalapeno on an open flame to roast on all sides
- Set them aside to cool and then gently peel off and chop into rough pieces
- Place them into the mixer with coriander, garlic and half the amount of olive oil and pulse down until there are no large pieces – it can be coarse
- Remove into a bowl and add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining olive oil and stir
- Store in an airtight container and shake well before using.