[ FRESH, ZINGY, QUICK ]
Cold cool salads are the only way to make things easy this summer! This Mediterranean Salad has an overload of fresh greens with lot’s of mint and parsley, along with cucumbers and olives. The dressing is fresh citrus based with onions marinated to mellow them down along with sumac. The crunch factor is with toasted pita bread and walnuts for the perfect sensory bite – each time!
Check out the video below:
- Pita Bread
- Mint Leaves
- Green Olives
- Feta Cheese
- For Dressing:
- 2 tbsp Extra Vergin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1. For making the lemon vinaigrette, take a big mixing bowl, add extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, chopped onions, minced garlic, pinch of salt and sumac. Stir and mix it well.
- 2. Take a pita bread and cut it into small size square shapes.
- 3. Toast both the sides of the bread without oil on a non-stick pan with the flame set on high.
- 3. Now for the salad, take fresh parsley, mint leaves, cucumber, green olives, walnuts, pistachios and crumbled feta cheese.
- 4. Add the pieces of pita bread in the bowl of salad.
- 5. Finally pour in the lemon vinaigrette made on the salad.
- 6. Ready to Serve.