[ PROTEIN RICH + FIESTA FEELS ]
What I would do for a plate of loaded nachos and a pitcher of strawberry margaritas for lunch on Friday… alas, while that is quite an inappropriate thought at the moment (with these burgeoning love handles), I have a healthier answer to these cravings!
This Mexican salad has cooked quinoa as a high protein filler, with all the usual Mexican fixings and a lovely tangy and spicy lemon coriander dressing. For the crunch nacho factor, throw in some tortilla chips on top!
Check out the video below:
- ½ cup Coriander
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Taco Seasoning
- Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup Boiled Corn
- 1 cup Tomato, chopped
- 1 cup Cucumber, chopped
- Tortilla Chips
- 1. For the dressing, take coriander, chop it and place it in a blender.
- 2. Chop fresh jalapenos, garlic cloves, yogurt, salt, lemon juice, olive oil and taco seasoning. Blend it all nicely together.
- 3. To prepare the remaining of the salad, add shredded purple cabbage, cooked quinoa and boiled corn.
- 4. Then add chopped tomato, chopped cucumber, tortilla chips and jalapenos.
- 5. Drizzle some of the dressing from the top of the salad ingredients.
- 6. Shred some cheddar cheese in the salad bowl.
- 7. Ready to Serve.