Summer is here!!! And we’re staying indoors.
What a bummer. Did you have grand plans for vacation? I did have on to trek up the mountains to cooler regions, take in pure oxygen and eat Maggi cooked in the ground. Instead I’m sweating in the 38 degrees, trying to figure out who will deliver eggs to me. Talk about being #elitist!
So, let’s do something that’s the next best thing to fight this… situation… watermelon pizza! Slices of watermelon, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt, crumbled feta, fresh mint leaves and crunchy almonds. Diet-friendly, Jain-friendly, gluten-friendly, missing-my-vacation-misery-friendly.
- 10 Cold slices of watermelon, cut into triangles
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- handful fresh mint leaves
- chopped almonds
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top of the slices
- Sprinkle salt, feta mint leaves, and chopped almonds
- Serve cold