Think outside the box – is what we’re often told to do as both kids and adults. But perhaps this is another form of laissez-faire! It is also the simplest way to get rid of a pondering question, leave the kids in a frazzled confused state, and buy some time.
How many times have I been told that? Countless times. To no avail. Except when it comes to food. Somehow, that is the only time I actually put my mind and sense to work with a bubbling passion to create something new.
So here is a loaded nachos platter – Greek style! The AL Chipino Sea Salt + Black Pepper chips are the best ones to pair in this dish with the refreshing Greek components of chickpeas, pomegranates, parsley, tomatoes and spring onions. I use a Greek yogurt base for some juiciness and the salty feta does wonders to bring the whole platter together.
Buy AL Chipino: here
Photo Credits: The Kitchen Trail
- 1 packet AL Chipino Sea Salt + Black Pepper tortilla chips
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup spring onions, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- Stir the tomatoes, spring onions, cucumbers, carrots and pomegranate together with salt and some of the parsley and set aside.
- Spread the Greek yogurt at the bottom of your serving platter.
- Assemble the tortilla chips in a layer and spread the tomato mixture along with some feta, olives and lettuce on top.
- Add another layer of tortilla chips on top and repeat the process three times.
- Serve immediately.