I can have mushrooms in just about everything and anything.
Grilled veggies on the side is a personal favourite because, well, it’s veggies and nutrition. And also because it fills up the plate, so you don’t feel like you’re really on a diet.
These mushrooms, marinated in tahini sauce with yogurt and spices, are an awesome side dish to serve. You could even add more sauce to make it more gravy-like and have it with rice. This dish is great to serve at a BBQ feast.
You can marinate any vegetable in this sauce – baby corn, zucchini, carrots, peppers… and you can even marinate paneer with some onions and peppers.
Tahini paste recipe is here.
Instead of mushrooms, you can use any other vegetable or paneer or potatoes.
I would avoid mixing the mushrooms with other veggies, as mushrooms release a lot of water whilst cooking and takes a while longer than other vegetables. Marinate and cook the other vegetables separately. Mushrooms require cooking at high heat, other veggies can be cooked on medium heat.
Serves Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 90 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 packet mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup tahini (Link above)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp sumac
- Salt + Pepper
- Chop the mushrooms after washing well into bite size pieces.
- In a flat bowl, mix in the tahini, yogurt, spring onions, garlic, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Then mix the mushrooms in, coating well on all sides.
- Leave for at least an hour.
- In a non-stick hot pan, grill them well on high heat, without any oil. The mushrooms would release off some water, and takes some time.
- Serve hot.