Mashed potatoes has a special place in everyone’s heart – my best friend and I visit an Italian restaurant many Saturday’s a month particularly for their garlic mashed potatoes – it’s a sacred bond between us and this restaurant and I can assure there is very little talk and whole lot of eating!
This is an all-American base using sour cream, cheese, garlic and chives, but with an Indian twist using crunchy Tandoori Masala tortilla chips from AL Chipino, which adds just the right amount of masala against the mellowness of the mashed potatoes.
Buy AL Chipino: here
Photo Credits: The Kitchen Trail
Serves Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
- AL Chipino Tandoori Masala
- 3 potatoes, boiled
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- To Serve:
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mash the potatoes with butter until smooth.
- Stir in the yoghurt, sour cream, cheese, olive oil, garlic cloves, some chives, paprika, salt.
- Butter a bake dish and add the mashed potato into the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the tortilla chips on top.
- Drizzle some sour cream and chives on top.