Delicious, comforting, heavenly, soothing, and makes everything in the world oh-so-right – it’s called cheese. And more specifically, baked Camembert.
When you bake this amazing cheese, it melts ever so gently, and makes for the perfect fancy appetizer, or in my case, an entire meal for one.
The Camembert is a versatile cheese and pairs well with sweet, spicy and sour. I have many variations to the baked cheese, depending on what’s in my fridge. This one however, is a gorgeous one with delicious blackberries roasted with the cheese and inundated with fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Made within minutes, this is all you will ever need on a Saturday night!
- 1 wheel Camembert Cheese
- 3-4 whole cloves Garlic
- 5 tsp Olive oil
- 7-8 Blackberries
- 5-7 sprigs Thyme
- 5-7 sprigs Rosemary
- French bread or crostini
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Take out the wheel of Camembert cheese from its tin. Place on a baking dish and gently prick with a fork.
- Place the garlic, rosemary and thyme on top; but leave some of the herbs for the bread.
- Place the blackberries around the cheese, and you can press them gently with the back of a fork.
- Drizzle 3 tsp of the olive oil all over the cheese and fruit.
- Place the bread slices around. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the bread slices and some of the fresh herbs.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.