Potatoes, truffle, mustard – is like the three musketeers, who really uplift each other to new levels! This is the smashed potato recipe, which has been shared earlier with a za’atar and yoghurt condiment dressing, but for today, we are upping the game with the gorgeous What The Truff Truffle Mustard and White Truffle Oil that is whisked with garlic, salty capers, pink peppercorns and a few spring onions. This is a masterpiece recipe, but can go alongside a pasta dish, meat / fish dish or a very big Italian Lentil Salad.
Serves yield: 12
- 12 baby potatoes
- olive oil
- 2 tsp What The Truff Truffle Mustard
- 1 tsp What The Truff White Truffle Oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chopped up capers + some of it’s brine
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- par boil the baby potatoes in a large pot with salt – this should take 20-25 minutes, depending on their size.
- The potatoes should be cooked through, but not overcooked
- Remove the potatoes from the water and let them dry completely on a tea cloth.
- Leave the potatoes to come down to room temperature (30-45 minutes
- preheat the oven to 200C
- Grease the baking tray
- Place all the baby potatoes on the tray.
- Gently place a butter paper on top the potato, and with the palm of your hand, gently press down the potato, to smash it just a little, but not too much to break the potato into pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the potatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes, keeping a careful eye to ensure no burning. The potatoes should be browned and crispy on all sides.
- in the meantime, prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together and keep at room temperature until ready to serve
- When the potatoes are ready, remove from the oven. The potatoes should be crispy on top and soft on the inside.
- Plate the potatoes on a serving tray and drizzle the dressing on top