So remember that ginger syrup we made for the pomegranate + ginger no churn ice cream? Well, as a Kitchen Therapy rule, we aim to make recipes with minimal effort, minimal wastage and reasonable methods to making good food.
So here I am using up the leftovers of the ginger syrup we made HERE, because no point in letting that go! I’ve been having severe coconut cravings recently, and this was a unique answer for that. (Also, I am in dire need of a vacation, and this is as close as I can be to a beach right now!)
I’ve been quite intrigued by the concept of ‘Nice Cream’ – a new concept of being able to eat ice cream or rather, a frozen dessert, without the heavy ingredients, based usually on bananas. As is the norm for me, I decided to forgo the standard base, and do something a bit different to satisfy my cravings.
A bit of coconut water, shredded coconut, frozen pineapple cubes, lemon zest, and the ginger syrup, with the actual ginger pieces – juiced up in a smoothie maker and then placed into an airtight container to freeze up nicely for 6-7 hours… if you can wait that long! I also suggest a few spoons of coconut cream or milk if you like something a bit more creamier, but this is optional.
Also, if you’re feeling naughty, throw in some alcohol of your choice for a boozy dessert!
Scoop up and serve in a coconut bowl and an umbrella!
- 1 cup pineapple cubes, frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup ginger syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut milk/cream
- Place all the ingredients into a smoothie maker or blender. Crush until smooth.
- Pour into an airtight container.
- Freeze overnight or at least 6-7 hours.
- Before serving, bring the container out of the freezer to soften a bit before serving.
- Serve in a coconut bowl with an umbrella!