In the buzz of our hectic life, we are always in need of something soothing, calming and preferably not too medicinal (read: valium), and most importantly, good for your soul (read: preservatives, sugar, cholesterol, plastic).
Chamomile tea is a natural sleep elixir as it soothes the nervous system, thereby helping you sleep better. Chamomile is known as a ‘tisane’ as it’s a non-caffeinated herbal drink with natural anti-inflammatory properties.
Team chamomile with blue pea flowers from SPRIG Calming BluCha tea, you have yourself a pretty cool looking drink. I add some chia seeds to the BluCha, which plumps the seeds up in a brilliant blue colour and sweeten the drink with palm sugar. A bit of lemon zest brightens up the tea.
This iced tea is a great option for kids as they are pretty enamoured by the blue-green tinge, and the lack of refined sugars is, of course, beneficial.
- 1 1/2 cups Chamomile tea (warm)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp SPRIG Calming BluCha Tea
- 1 tbsp Palm sugar or honey
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Stir SPRIG BluCha powder into ¼ cup water until the tea dissolves.
- Stir the chia seeds into this mixture and set aside for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Combine palm sugar or honey into the warm chamomile tea with the lemon zest and place this refrigerator for an hour.
- After an hour, the chia seeds would have plumped up well enough with a slight blue tinge.
- Combine the cold chamomile mixture and BluCha together and serve with ice cubes and a slice of lemon.