Our Calming Brew is a multi-tasking one, as you’ve seen the past few posts. The chamomile flower has intense sedating powers to help calm the nervous system, relax the mind and soothe the soul. Lavender is equally as powerful and when they are put together – it is a force to reckon with.
Infusing the brew into milk offers a floral latte, sweetened with a little bit of honey and vanilla.
This recipe is a milk-based latte – which is an ideal bedtime drink, but also works wonders as a morning sip for those days when you wake up anxious, stressed and overthinking everything in life!
Serves Serves: 1 | Time: 20 mins
- 1 cup milk of your choice (whole, skim, soy, oat, nut)
- 2 tsp Calming Brew
- 1 tsp Eucalyptus Honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Put the milk and brew together in a small saucepan and place on low heat
- Allow the milk to come to a gentle simmer, never to boiling point
- Strain the milk through a sieve into your serving mug
- Stir in honey and vanilla
- NOTE: for vegans, use dairy-free milk option and substitute honey with agave syrup, coconut sugar or maple syrup