This is an easy recipe that you can continue over the year, without worrying about the seasonal availability! You can use red Fuji apples, Indian red apples, green Granny Smith apples… the cinnamon, nuts, sugars really provide for the perfect sweet start to the morning.
If you are willing to go an extra mile and don’t mind the tiny bit of butter – sauté the apples in some butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, maybe even a pinch of vanilla – this would really taste like an apple pie then.
- 6 tablespoons of Quaker unrefined oats
- ¼ cup diced apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar OR honey
- 1 tbsp of chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- Add all the ingredients together and mix.
- Let it soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning:
- Mix ingredients together with a spoon before eating
- For a stronger apple pie taste and if you have the time (and if for a big batch):
- Saute the diced apples in a tsp of butter with 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg and a drop of vanilla essence.
- Once the apples have softened and the aroma fills the kitchen enough, remove from heat. Allow to cool before adding into the oats, nuts and milk mixture.