Some mornings call for decadence. And for me, that means breakfast in bed, sun streaming through the window, a news channel on, newspapers strewn about, all while surfing lifestyle blogs. And family members walking in settling down next to me is always appreciated, as long as they stay quiet!
So for such moments, that are the most precious to me, an even more precious breakfast is in order. And it cannot be just any plate of scrambled eggs! This version has creamy spinach with ricotta along with 3 eggs scrambled with butter, encased into a lovely tortilla!
Making scrambled eggs is the easiest thing for me – I dirty just one pan, a spatula, and require eggs, salt and butter only! I crack my eggs directly into a warm greased pan and then swirl continuously, but gently, with a rubber spatula. Once they start to form, I add the salt and a bit of butter to add flavor and creaminess. Then I remove the eggs just before they are firmly cooked to get that pillowy-soft scrambled eggs!
Serve this quesadilla with hot sauce, mustard, salsa or relish – and you’ve got a rather large meal on your bed!
- 1 Tortilla
- 1 cup Chopped Spinach
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Ricotta cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sauté the spinach with garlic and a teaspoon of olive oil for a few minutes. Towards the end, stir in the salt and ricotta cheese and switch off the heat and set aside
- Warm the tortilla on a non-stick pan with no oil.
- In a small pan, brush olive oil with a silicone brush. Place on low heat.
- Crack the three eggs into the pan and swirl with a rubber spatula in the number 8 form.
- As the whites start to cook, add the salt and the butter and continue to swirl until the scrambled eggs have just formed. Switch off the heat before the eggs cook completely, as the heat will continue to cook them through. Add the pepper.
- Place the eggs onto one half side of the tortilla, followed by spinach and fold over.
- Give the quesadilla a few seconds on the pan on both sides.
- Remove, slice and take to bed!