This was an impromptu idea that I had when I saw this delicious loaf of quinoa sourdough. This is for those mornings that you want a little bit of an extra kick in the AM, and regular eggs won’t make the cut. And may I state the obvious – it looks so darn fancy!
I made an impromptu spicy paste using minced garlic, red chilies, oil, salt and pepper, pounded together – nothing too complicated. You can use something out of a jar as well and other options include a tapenade, mustard, salsa, sandwich spread and so on.
The highlight of this dish is when you gently cut through the yolk and it oozes out…
Quinoa Sourdough from: Le Artisan Boulangerie
- Create a hole in the center of the bread using a cookie cutter.
- Place a non-stick pan on low heat and brush with olive oil.
- Toast the bread on one side for a few minutes.
- Flip the toast over and spread the relish on the top side.
- Crack the egg into the hole in the center.
- Cover the pan and let the egg cook for around 5 minutes, or until the whites have solidified and yolk is just about done.
- Remove from heat and place on serving plate.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and serve.