A salad has a notorious reputation for being boring, dull and far too tedious – but there are ways to make a plate of green leaves so much more appetising. Using AL Chipino Bollywood Sweet & Sour flavoured tortilla chips, which are non GMO and gluten free, we can make this delicious salad of grilled pears, feta cheese and pecans!
I like to marinate the pear slices for a short bit before grilling on a non-stick pan to perfection! With the crunch of the pecans and the tortilla chips – you’ve got yourself a pretty good deal!
Photo Credits: The Kitchen Trail
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (mix bag)
- 2 pears, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- handful of pecans
- handful of AL Chipino Bollywood Sweet + Sour
- black pepper for seasoning
- Stir the balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and black pepper together.
- Place a non-stick pan on high heat and dip each slice into the balsamic marinade and place on the pan.
- Allow the pears to cook for 3-5 minutes on each side and set aside to cool slightly.
- Toss the salad leaves, grilled pears, peacan and feta cheese.
- Drizzle the remaining marinade as dressing over the salad.
- Season with additional salt and black pepper if required.