When I was reached out by AL Chipino I couldn’t help but be overjoyed. Receiving carton-loads of nachos is undoubtedly a dream come true for good people like me! The brand has a number of interesting and unique flavours and the tortilla chips are non-GMO and are gluten free!
Of course, the natural inclination is to bust open a pack and get your salsa and pig out in front of Netflix – pretty plain obvious.
But we can do much more than that at Kitchen Therapy – over the next few weeks I am going to share with you a range of unique recipes using nachos in your cooking.
This is a simple twist on the family favourite comfort food – Mac & Cheese! With a bit of nacho crunch on top, this definitely fancies up a regular fare!
Link to the recipe & to buy the product: here
Photo Credits: The Kitchen Trail
- 1 cup macaroni, cooked
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup cream
- 2 tsp dried herbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- handful of AL Chipino Peri Peri
- pinch of paprika
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with olive oil and minced garlic.
- Once the garlic has cooked through, stir in the cream and cheese on low heat until combined and add the herbs and salt.
- Place the macaroni into the ramekins.
- Divide the sauce into the ramekins.
- Crush the chips into smaller bits and stir with paprika. Sprinkle the nachos over the macaroni.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot!