Name me a society that doesn’t love barbeque. It doesn’t exist. Mankind is barbeque celebration. Ted Nugent
Every wondered how much can we really grill? A barbeque dinner hasn’t always been my favourite. My years abroad told me that a barbeque meant plates of meats and I would be stuck with a simple, starchy baked potato.
But after I moved here, BBQ meant a whole new world filled with platters of hearty vegetables and paneer in various marinades, sauces, and seasonings.
This tandoori vegetable is inspired from the tiger safari trip at Bandhavgarh. Just a few basic simple seasonings make a world of a difference to a grilled veggie and the taste is amazing. Even more unique is that very few think of applying this to the ladyfinger – but trust me, they taste so yummy!
Surprise your guests with these ladyfingers and if your kids are fussy, pair them with some tandoori potatoes, paneer and other kid-friendly ones.
Serves Yields: 10 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins
- 10 ladyfingers
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Mix all the spices and salt together.
- Brush a grilling pan with oil and place on high heat.
- Roll the ladyfingers in the spice mix and place the ladyfingers on the hot pan.
- Grill the ladyfingers until well cooked.
- Serve hot.
- Serve with tandoori roti or other Indian breads and a variety of grilled/tandoori vegetables and kebabs.