Dips & Condiments,Savoury
We’ve spent much time having lunch outdoors and with our new BBQ set we are loving it even more! I found more eco-friendly coconut charcoal to use and I’ve found it to start quicker, even burn and no difference in taste.
This is a classic pesto marinade which is great for all veggies, potatoes, corn and the likes!
I’ve shared two options – to be cooked on the stovetop or on a charcoal grill.
- 2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup nuts – walnuts, pine nuts, almonds, pistachios
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Vegetables cut into equal pieces:
- Onion wedges
- Baby potatoes – par boiled
- Mushrooms – whole
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a mixer and pulse until you reach a smooth texture
- Coat the equal cut veggies with the marinade and cover and refrigerate for at least an hour
- When ready to grill / cook, put them through skewers and set aside to bring down to room temperature for 15 minutes or so
- On charcoal grill:
- Start up the coals in the bbq set
- Place a grill on top
- Place the skewers on top
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side
- Serve hot!
- On stove top:
- Place a large pan or grill pan on high heat
- Once the pan is hot place the skewers on it and allow to cook on all sides
- This could take between 7- 12 minutes each, depending on the size of the vegetables and heat