The idea of tapas works pretty close to home for us – small plates of delicious flavor-packed foods shared with friends and family, only to go on to a larger spread laid on the table.
I’ve done something out of the box when I received my bottle of Japanese Yuzu Extract by SPRIG Gourmet. I thought tacos, mushrooms, and Japanese soya and yuzu! The mushrooms are cooked in butter with garlic and onions for a rich experience; the marinade then coats the meaty mushrooms for just the right amount of juiciness. The fresh coriander adds a burst of colour and freshness to balance it off against the mini tortillas!
These can be served in soft small taco shells, on flat tortillas or pushed into mini wraps – the choices are endless.
- Stir all the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Take a medium pan and place on low heat.
- Add the butter to melt and add the onions and garlic to cook, until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- After a few minutes, add the mushrooms and turn the heat to high
- the mushrooms and cook.
- Then add the sauce and cook, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes of so, most of the liquid must evaporate; turn off the heat and stir in the coriander.
- Warm each tortilla on a non-stick pan.
- Place a few spoons of the mushrooms on each round circle.
- Garnish with a coriander leaf and serve.