As you know from before, I am very much partial to these delicious energy bites. Every week I make a new batch and vary the ingredients depending on my mood, and also what’s lying around. These are great to wake up to and provide the right amount of boost you need in the morning.
Now, I’m not much of a romantic, but it is Valentine’s Day celebratory week, and I felt a bit left out not posting something in the passion colours of red and pink. And, pink is indeed my favourite colour, so it’s not too hard. This recipe is so utterly pleasing to the eyes and uplifting to the mood, bringing a smile to even the coldest romantic in the world.
I received a very special package from one my most ardent follower, filled with dried strawberries, pomegranates and cranberries amongst many other goodies – the pretty ingredients for the recipe. I crush them with coconut, vanilla, a bit of acai berry powder, and almonds. I add in a small amount of dates for an extra boost, but because I wanted these to be simply pink, I did so very hesitantly.
These bites are packed with nutrition and great boosting powers from the goji berries and acai berry powder.
Other flavour options: Matcha Energy Balls
Note: Every time I have made energy bites, I have managed to break my regular mixer! I now use a heavy duty mixer and bring all the ingredients to room temperature and chop the larger dried fruits and nuts into smaller pieces for ease before crushing them. If your dried fruits such as dates are kept in the freezer or the cranberries and goji berries are too hard, soak them in a bit of hot water for 15-20 minutes, squeeze out the water and then crush them.
- 2 Dates
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Desiccated Coconute
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries, strawberries, pomegrantes
- 2 tbsp Dried goji berries
- 1 tsp Acai berry powder
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 20 g White chocolate
- Pink + red sprinkles
- pop sticks
- Crush all the ingredients together to create a wet dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll them into small balls. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate.
- Dip one side of the pop stick into the melted chocolate and gently stick into the ball.
- Dip the energy ball into the white chocolate or drizzle on top and decorate with some sprinkles.
- Set them aside to set for at least 20 minutes before eating.