A woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt
White tea has the same types of antioxidants as green tea, but in greater quantities. These antioxidants boost cardiovascular health, lower cholesterol, reduce risks of cancer, and the most important: enhances weight loss! Any edible item that claims to help boost the metabolism or initiate fat loss has been tried and tested in my house – I could easily open a health store here! If only I remained committed to them…
White tea has a mellow and light taste, with no aftertaste. There isn’t any bold flavour in white tea, which also makes it easy drink copious amounts – although I wouldn’t recommend it (I tried it!). But it also helps make an interesting iced tea.
Pairing white tea with pomegranate doesn’t just sound exciting, but looks rather pretty, and exotic!
Instead of sugar, I add natural honey for sweetener, and the sourness of pomegranates and lemon balance out this refreshing thirst quencher perfectly.
Serves Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 30 mins | Chill Time: 4 hours
- 5 cups of water
- 2 tbsp white tea (or 3 teabags)
- 3-4 tbsp honey or sugar syrup
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- pomegranate seeds (for garnish)
- mint leaves (for garnish)
- Bring the water to a boil and add the tea to brew for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain out the tea leaves.
- Stir in the honey to dissolve.
- Chill the brewed tea for at least 4 hours.
- Stir in the pomegranate juice and lemon juice.
- Add some pomegranate seeds and mint to garnish before serving.
- NOTE: You can use sugar syrup instead of honey if don’t count the calories!