To be completely honest, I never used to be a fan of oats – I found them mushy, weird, cardboard like and just overall very unappetizing. I tried many different ways of trying to eat them, but nothing really worked for me. This time last year I found a pleasant man whose sole job was to bring big strawberries from Mahableshwar to my city – he sounds wonderful doesn’t he?
Needless to say, my home easily consumed 5 kilos of strawberry on a weekly basis, if not more!
Using strawberries in oats was another one of my efforts to make breakfast a healthy one for myself – which is how I started to love overnight oats. My niece though still wouldn’t eat it – so I added chocolate chips for her with the strawberries and yes, she ate the whole bowl!
- 6 tablespoons of Quaker unrefined oats
- ¼ cup diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar OR honey
- 1 tbsp of sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk
- Add all the ingredients together and mix.
- Let it soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning:
- Mix ingredients together with a spoon before eating