[ HEALTHY, SIMPLE, QUICK ]
Indian summers and mangoes go hand-in-hand and throwing them into a salads is the ultimate way of beating the heat!
This is Mango + Avocado Summer Salad also includes slices of sweet oranges, crunchy celery and chives and the dressing is a gorgeous balsamic and orange juice one with marinated onions and red chillies! Again this recipe is also a make ahead, and simply assemble at the last minute one!
See the video:
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic
- Chopped Onion
- Half/Full Red Chilli
- Orange Zest
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3-4 Chopped Chives
- 1 Chopped Celery Stalk
- 1 cup Mint Leaves
- Mango Slices
- Avocado Slices
- Orange Slices
- Chopped Almonds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- In a mixing bowl, pour in some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, red chilli, chopped onion and stir it well so that it gets mixed.
- 2. Shred some orange zest in the bowl.
- 3. Sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper. Give it a good whisk.
- 4. Take fresh chives and finely chop them with a cutter.
- 5. Similarly, for the celery follow the fine chopping tip. Now assemble the salad in a bowl/plate.
- 6. Firstly for the base, add the mint leaves.
- 7. Then add slices of mango, avocado and orange.
- 8. Put the chopped celery, chives, almonds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds.
- 9. Pour the dressing made on the salad.
- 10. Garnish with long stance of fresh chives.
- 11. Ready to Serve